I have this thing with estate sales ...

04 October 2016
... and garage sales, antique shops, secondhand stores, and curbside treasures.

That last category- my husband thinks I am crazy and he's not afraid to tell me as much. 
Yes, I do have a history of scooping up a curbside rattan peacock chair. (Wouldn't you?!)
One man's trash is another man's treasure, honey!

I have no shame. 
(maybe a little shame)

But to me, the standout pieces in a home are family heirlooms or other antiques. These collected items tell a story. They add soul

That said, not everyone has the opportunity to get their hands on their own family's heirlooms, so that's where estate sales come in. If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably noticed I have this thing with estate sales

Many of the elegantly-quirky styling accessories throughout my home are estate sale finds! 
Take a peak below.

The coffee table books, decorative wooden bowl and art pieces above the sofa were estate sale finds.
The swan side table is from an antique shop.

These two petite framed art pieces were found at an estate sale for $5 each!

Doesn't this wicker lamp look like something out of the Serena & Lily catalogue? Well, i bought it for under $10 from an estate sale. Mallard bookends are from an antique shop.

I scooped up this bold and graphic needlepoint picture at an estate sale for $4.

Every piece in the gallery wall in Ellie's nursery has meaning. The framed Boston Harbor map is from an antique store, the mirror on the left is a flea market find, and the straw hat is a family heirloom.



The Matisse lithograph is my most treasured estate sale find!

What are your favorite heirloom pieces? Share on Instagram with the hashtag #ihavethisthingwithestatesales. I can't wait to see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Lee Owens Designs. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top