One Room Challenge // Week 2

14 April 2016
It's Week 2 of the One Room Challenge and I am starting to really nail down a design plan for the World's Okayest Powder Room. 
It's a small room, so the wallpaper will be the major showstopper Now, I'm going to be realistic here and accept that not everything will go as planned during this, my very first, One Room Challenge. But the wallpaper installation simply must go as planned. We have exactly NO room for error in this department. (Okay, hubby? Like, no. room. for. mistakes.) 

This wallpaper is extra special to me because it is actually the same wallpaper that covers the walls of the staircase in my parents' home. When my mom (a decorator herself) had it installed 15 years ago, I immediately realized my love for patterned wallpaper and also that an elegant wallcovering never goes out of style. It was a time before Instagram, hashtags and emojis, but I instantly felt the Heart Eyes. #allthehearteyes

That said, my parents had exactly the amount of leftover yardage that my powder room design requires, and not an inch extra. 
My husband and I have never installed wallpaper before. 
I'm really not sure how this is going to be a success story. 
(hold me)

....Moving on....
I invite you now to step inside my imagination.

I created this illustration to give you an idea of what I envision as the final product. I'll be interested to compare it to the Week Six reveal photo!

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know we were busy over the weekend roughing in the new electrical and painting the ceiling green. (and by "we" I mean my husband finished the ceiling and I took photos. There's no "i" in team, people!)



Well, that's all for this week's updates of the World's Okayest Powder Room redo.
Come back next week and in the meantime, be sure to check for updates on Instagram and Pinterest!

11 comments:

  1. That wallpaper!!!!!!!!! Stunning! I cant wait to see it all come together! You all CAN DO IT! My hubby and I installed wallpaper for the first time a few months ago. Surprisingly enough it went ok! It was a major headache and project but we/ HE did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet baby jesus this is my favorite ORC this round! I love the wallpaper and green ceiling, plus the gorgeous flush mount. So good. Can't wait to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! The wallpaper is fabulous!! And welcome to the ORC... this is my third and it is a great motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee I adore the direction that your room is headed towards! You did SO much better than I did in my room this week.

    I would love for you to share this post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I think our readers would really enjoy it!

    Good luck in the upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, thank you for the support! I'll keep you updated on how the installation goes!! (I'm totally sweating it)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Erin! Your comment cracked me up. I SO appreciate your nice words!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Laura! I am having such a great time see everyone's rooms come together -- good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lee, can't wait to see how the wallpaper turns out! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your imagination looks amazing!! Bathrooms are so tough in 6 weeks!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your vision, Lee! That light fixture & modern art with the floral paper - perfect pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love your vision, Lee! That light fixture & modern art with the floral paper - perfect pairing!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Lee Owens Designs. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top